Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

I got a little bored...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: I got a little bored...
I got a little bored... 10 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: -1
After watching the movie "Hotel Transylvania" with my daughter tonight, I decided to try and make an animated GIF from a scene that made me smile. It was towards the end of the film and they were having a party. They showed a very short scene of Frankenstein scratching the belly of The Wolfman, and his leg was scratching a piece of vinyl on an old time phonograph. I figured this would make a good loop for a GIF animation and my NuBreaks Family would come to appreciate it the most.
So of course I decided to post about my small accomplishment, possibly sparking the interest of some of my fellow NuBreakers' artistic side. Hopefully this will inspire all of you to find new and different ways to express yourself, not just through music. Here's a basic breakdown of how I did it. (If you would like to do something along these lines, just post a reply/message and I will give you ALL the help I can)

To start, I used the Windows Movie Maker (which wasn't already installed, so I downloaded it for free at: windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-movie-maker-download ) to trim down the area I wished to make the animation from. I did a rough trim of it so that it would be easier to handle when I got down to the frame-by-frame process.
After I trimmed and exported a more manageable, 2 second clip, I found a FREE video editing program called "Lightworks" ( www.lwks.com/ ) which allowed me to select FRAME-by-FRAME the area I was really interested in, and was able to export either a VIDEO CLIP or INDIVIDUAL FRAMES to make a GIF out of.
Being that I was making a GIF animation, I exported the 50 frames or so that I was interested in. (Again, if you would like help on doing this, just let me know) Then, I found another FREE program (actually, it's a site: gifmaker.me/ ) that helped me along the way. It let me upload a series of pics, (in pretty much any format, in my case JPG) and gave a a few options, like frame-rate/speed of the animation, and the size of the final GIF.
After about 15 mins of tinkering, I was able to upload each frame in order so that it would play in reverse after the first 15 frames showed (it had a total of 30 frames MAX) And now after learning how to do all this, I got a pretty sweet avatar to show off some of my talents!

(I tried to add the final animation to this posting, but I have now clue if it posted proper. It's not showing up in the preview. So if you want to see what I came up with, here's the direct link - [http://home.comcast.net/~FungiFunGuy/HT_ani.gif] )

I know this is all pretty corny and basic, but I've always had an interest in helping my fellow brothers(AND sisters) learning new things, especially ones that result in a creative piece that can be shared with others for their enjoyment. (I know, I know: it's just a stupid gif animation, lol) But hell, at least I'm keeping my mind out of the gutter (for now )
I hope I've AT LEAST opened some of your minds to the fact that no matter how simple, insignificant, pointless, childish, silly, or dorky something is: "If it makes you smile in the end, then it was worth it!"

ENJOY!!!

<3,
YOUR Tweedle
DigitalMasterTaco
Junior Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx