Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

OutNow> [CHI015A] AMB: Squirrel EP!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: OutNow> [CHI015A] AMB: Squirrel EP!
OutNow> [CHI015A] AMB: Squirrel EP! 16 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0

Artists: AMB
Title: The Squirrel EP vol.1.
Genre: House / Downtempo / GlitchHop
Label: Chi Recordings
CatNum: CHI015A

It's been a while since the last AMB release on the label but apparently it was well worth the wait: He is back with The Squirrel double EP, holding 6 tracks in total, three on each. The first installment is out already and have gained massive support by producers and DJs all over the place from DJs like Murray Richardson, Joshua Collins, Matt Flores, Smithmonger, Mike Monday, Ed2000+Vela, Dov, Brett Johnson, Mistress De Funk, Stryke, Crystal Method, Speculum, Peter Kruder, etc...

Trickski: "Pilgrimage is an outstanding track! it's one of the tunes of the year for me."
Laurent Garnier: "i love track 1 and 2 for the floor ,and track 3 for the radio Great stuff!"
Cass @ DeadSet: "Some typically cool and varied beats on this Chi release"
Laura: "i am having internet problems and the player won't load, otherwise i'd give you some feedback..."
Habersham: "Hot Trax! Production is EXCELLENT, I expect no less from AMB and Chi! Urchin is my fave here but believe me the others are just as good!"
Tim @ CapoeiraTwins: "Yep,yep,YEP! Love all the tracks, nice grooves and great production."
Jason Sparks: "Really feeling Pilgrimage at the mo'!"
Elite Force: "More quality production work from Amb, whose tracks always sound like gold dust, produced as they are with such razor-like precision."
Uberzone: "Always loving AMB! Super-groovy and fun EP!"
Mazi @ Audio Soul Project: "Pilgrimage is a wicked track"
Neil @ PhantomBeats: "I really love Pilgrimage. Fantastic track."
Kriece: "man...this label is on fire at the moment - I love Pilgrimage & Theory"
Nick Thayer: "This is a gorgeous EP! Lovely tracks with real depth that stand up to repeated listens. QUALITY!"
Ricky Ryan: "Pilgrimage is awesome super original sounding and wicked gentle drive, top stuff!!"
Paul @ General Midi: " Man I'm diggin these! dunno if'd play em out but i've got em on my phone and they're providing a soundtrack for me journey's Big Up the man like AMB!!!"

- AMB feat. Omid Pajooh: Pilgrimage

First up is a brilliantly produced house track with vocals by the London-based Iranian singer, Omid Pajooh. A kind and gentle tune with triplets, pleasing melodies, and a wicked hook of heavily processed vocals that sneaks right in the centre of the nervous system.

- AMB: Urchin

The hilarious Chinese vocals powerfully set the mood for this track right in the beginning. It would be a little difficult to tell exactly what genre we are looking at but up to about halfway through, it is certainly close to house and well.. After that, things go a bit off track and it all ends in some weird dub somewhere near the end of the Universe.

- AMB: Theory

Glitch hop at its best - fat and groovy bassline, rich melodies, and tiny bits of glitches and errors everywhere in the hip-hop space. 'Theory' cites the chilled glitchy coolness of the West Coast while heading a bit towards the Far East in the breakdown.

You can find the tunes at Beatport (for 4 weeks exclusive, then all other places).

www.myspace.com/chirecordings
www.chi-recordings.com
FineCutBodies
Senior Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx