Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

[COC013] Cup Of Chi vol.13. (Modul / AMB / Cooler)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: [COC013] Cup Of Chi vol.13. (Modul / AMB / Cooler)
[COC013] Cup Of Chi vol.13. (Modul / AMB / Cooler) 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0

Artists: V/A
Title: Cup Of Chi vol.13.
Genre: Techno / BreakBeat / Electronica
Label: Chi Recordings
CatNum: COC013

Soon after the success of the 12th Cup of Chi, Modul kicks off the follow-up with the driving tech-house "Acider" - a kind of free-jazz battle between a wobbling, ever-ruling bass-line, a catchy hook, and densely slurping textures. AMB, who seems to have been popping back to the breaks wing recently, takes over with the energetic "Flagpole" that you probably wouldn't label cruel - until you arrive at the drop in the breakdown perhaps. Cooler concludes the package with "B'ala" delivering an excellent musical blend of acoustic and synthesized sounds.

01> Modul: Acider
02> AMB: Flagpole
03> Cooler: B'ala

You can buy the tunes on Beatport for a 4 weeks exclusive period.

DJ support: Nils Noa, Flore, B-Side, Grasshop, FreQ Nasty, Dark Globe, Mr No Hands, Tony Tay, Luke Solomon, Chris Fortier, Schiipman, Marka, Palotai, Angus Robinson, Dan Mangan, Corbin Dooley, Jaurelio, ...

Review on BijouBreaks.

Tomcraft: "Cool release!"
Chris Healings (Hybrid): "Wicked tunes love them"
Phil K: "All tracks are great thanks!!what i will be playing is the modul track....just my style ...THANKS!!!"
Kriece: "Acider & Flagpole for me - typical wicked stuff from you guys"
Brian Ffar: "My brain hurts...and I mean that in the best way possible. Some very cool, twisted grooves here. Thanks!"
Marko Nastic: "Like first one!"
Dave Tarrida (Shitkatapult): "really good release!"
Janette Slack: "Flagpole really is awesome. So much detail and quirky fills. I fucking love it, best break beat tune I have heard in a long time. Refreshing!"
Presslaboys: "Flagpole is really good for us!"
EK: "Wicked release guys. All the tracks are excellent. Good to see AMB back on the breaks!"
Bleekster (InTheMix): "Fantastic follow up to Cup of Chi 12! Expect a review soon!"
Cosmic Groove Transmission: "I am growing a strange but strong bond with flagpole Nice EP"
Myroslaw Bytz: "Modul hammers it home yet again, with a sizzling and relentlessly grimy banger! AMBrus brings the high-energy pain, with a few twists of whimsy. Cooler gets effect-crazy in the down-tempo electro-acoustic B'ala."
Ben And Lex: "modul 'acider' is lush... really deep. could get lost listening to this for hours "
Flack.su: "'Acider' is probably the best Modul track on Chi so sar... it's good to see AMB making some breakbeats... but again I like Cooler's work the best. Great release overall, best of luck with it."
Rick Warner (ResidentAdvisor): "Good release, loved B ala. Acider is a top notch track as well."
Taishan: "Love the AMB track the most, nice groove. Other tracks are also cool."
Espion: "All great and experimental, Acider being the one that is most likely to sweep across Europe - chunky, minimal and perfect for the dancefloor!"
General Midi: "Great package impeccably produced as always."
Malone (BijouBreaks): "This release is exceptional, even by Chi's high standards. AMB's 'Flagpole' wins it for me."
Jay Cunning: "liking the flagpole tune!"
High Eight: "Loving the Modul and AMB tracks for DJ sets, and the Cooler track is gorgeous for a more listening kinda thing. Another top notch Cup Of Chi! Nice one!"
Andy Reid (Nocturalmagazine): "Dark, quirky and blippy goodness here. The twisting synth in Acider definitely struck the best chord here."
DJ Vela: "Amb does it again! wow i like the cooler track also very much! the minimal track is good, but not mycup of tea."
DJ Taucher: "thanks so much for this sensationel package what a great stile perfectly chosen sounds arranged from pros. superb fat diverted atmosperic groovy yuhuuuuu!"
Kristina Childs: "Acider is going to kill a big system. that one's definitely going in the rotation... good work!"
ED2000: "Wow! another step forward. what a mixture of styles and how well they all sit together . quality transcends genres and thats the case with this ep ."
Maelstrom: "Exactly what I'm into at the moment, the AMB tune is big, cant wait to play it on a decent sound system"
Harper (Radio Euro): "Here comes another tasty Cup Of Chi. music quality is excellent and you can't it to anything really. for me it's all about brain melting Acider and superb Amb - Flagpole tune - i will support both tunes in my radioshows at radio EUro and Amb goes straight into my box. thanks!"
Andrew Duke: "Have been bangin' out that Modul track for awhile; diggin' the cooler vibes of the AMB and, pardon the pun, Cooler. "
G (Peepshow Ownerz): "Cooler's B'ala is the one for me. Sounds like a good old Leftfield song."

Some radio support: Sonett77 Radio (Germany), Money Shoot Radio, NSB.co.uk, Radio One (Checz Republic), Radio Tilos, Radio Euro (Poland), MR2 (national radio Hungary), Radio Cafe, ...

MySpace:
- www.myspace.com/chirecordings
- www.myspace.com/mangoakamodul
- www.myspace.com/ambmusiccom
- www.myspace.com/coolerbitlab
FineCutBodies
Senior Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:[COC013] Cup Of Chi vol.13. (Modul / AMB / Cooler) 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
The Cup Of Chi Files on Beatportal...

FineCutBodies
Senior Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx