Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

[DF21] EK - Speak Your Grind / Exit Enlightenment
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: [DF21] EK - Speak Your Grind / Exit Enlightenment
[DF21] EK - Speak Your Grind / Exit Enlightenment 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0

EK - Speak Your Grind / Exit Enlightenment (Attack Release, Hexadecimal & Delirium Funk) [DF21]
OUT NOW :: at Beatport, DjDownload & Trackitdown

We're back again and happy to be bringing you two new originals from Aussie breaks maestro, EK, entitled Speak Your Grind and Exit Enlightenment. EK is no stranger to the breakbeat community, having delivered smashers for the past several years, and these 2 are no exception. Speak Your Grind is a thoroughly driving techy affair - melding breaks, house, electro, and techno into one full on peak hour techfunk bangfest. This is something for those that like it big, and big it definitely is. On the flip, Exit Enlightenment takes the road less traveled - proper dark nuskool breaks to the fullest. Exit Enlightenment is a mental tune the likes of which of arent heard much nowadays. It's worth noting that this package has already earned breaks tunes of the month and 5/5 in the current issue of Mixmag, so they must be doing something right.

First up on duties we have Attack Release, fresh off his collaboration with Robosapiens on the well recieved single "Trip". He has taken the dark mental nuskool vibe of the original and transltated it perfectly into dirty driving techno. Complete with breakbeat interlude, and a couple well placed samples, we think Attack Release has done the original a great amount of justice, and hope you will as well. Remixing Speak Your Grind is the duo of Hexadecimal and Delirium Funk. Being big fans of the original, they didnt try to out-do the peak time level of it, and instead went down a completely different direction with their interperetation of the driving techy banger. Crafting a thick, but spacious vibe, they work contrasts well, incorporating big strings and a seriously heavy mega-fat groove that will get any fan of breaks going. Here's to hoping these two work together in the future, as the fruits of their labor is very sweet.

Here's what others had to say:

LuQas "This is a mental release - the 2 originals are just monsters that will destroy many a club soundsystem. I'm all about the remixes though - the Attack Release and the Hexadecimal/Delirium Funk both hit the spot and will be getting lots of plays from me."

Kraymon "FUCK ME. EK "Exit Enlightenment"!!! Brilliant. Will rinse HARD. 9/10"

Marty B "Well what can I say about this release other than BOH! BOH! BOH! It was so hard to choose a favourite tune from these 4 monsters so I just didn't! This whole package is quality right from the get go with Speak Your Grind doing just that, Grinding away effortlessly followed up by the astonishing Hexadecimal and Delirium Funk remix with its smooth lovely breakdown and and punchy drums the tune just rawks. Then we move off in another direction with Exit Enlightenment a bass heavy, bleepy epic more suited to the late night head down business and its remix by Attack Release catering for the 4x4 crew with its glitchy little samples and synths busting out all over the place. 9/10 on this release!"

Steve Maccabe "Both mixes of Speak Your Grind are great, but the stand out for me is the Original of Exit Enlightenment, this is one of the best things i've heard all year and the drop after the breakdown is killer. Will be playing this alot in the coming weeks."

Anarchy Rice "realy feeling Exit Enlightenment - fucking epic!"

B-Phreak "The new EK tracks are absolutely wicked, i will defenetly drop them in my sets, full support!! "

Retroid "Speak Your Grind is wicked!"

Ben & Lex "FREEKIN LOVE 'Exit Enlightenment'....reminds me of times gone by"

Jeroen van Aken "Another quality release from DF! The originals are really hitting the spot, very fresh and original with a decent dose of grind. I'm also likin the Attack/Release mix for something a bit different."

Kickflip "Original of Speak Your Grind is the one for me - techy and quirky, with a welcome garnish of big room rave. Always does the business on the floor!"

Lee Martin (Dusted Breaks) "Lovin both versions of Exit Enlightenment! The Attack Release remix is fuckin wicked and reminds me of a not soo techy Underworld track. The original is perfect for my breaks sets!! Love it!! Will play em both at some point "

Stay tuned for the 1st half of September's releases – the re-issue of Product.01's "Ready 2 Rage" w/ new remixes by Vandal, Bassnectar & Jansten, Eshericks, and Robosapiens.

Keep it Evil.

daniella downs
Junior Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
ian aka dj daniella downs<br />Lot 49 l Lot 49 Myspace l Ianspace<br /><br />wii: 0932 9663 6565 8745

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx