Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

[VA] 8.18.12 The No Hostages Tour Feat. Sluggo, Helicopter Showdown, & Nerd Rage
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: [VA] 8.18.12 The No Hostages Tour Feat. Sluggo, Helicopter Showdown, & Nerd Rage
[VA] 8.18.12 The No Hostages Tour Feat. Sluggo, Helicopter Showdown, & Nerd Rage 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0

Purchase Tickets Here - www.ticketmaster.com/event/010048E3C48D6...001&minorcatid=1

Steez Promo, Bass Nation, Beatport, & Ultragore Present

Bass Nation Feat.

The No Hostages Tour w/

SLUGGO
www.facebook.com/slugstep
soundcloud.com/sluggodubstep
twitter.com/sluggodubstep

Electronic dance music has gotten too safe. Somebody needs to come in and shake things up before the genre becomes swallowed up in a haze of corporate machinations and twirling glow sticks. Sluggo is the antihero EDM desperately calls for. The Phoenix-based artist, producer, and C.E.O. of Ultragore Recordings makes violent, visceral, and vicious dubstep; embracing everything from heavy metal to first person shooters, he taps into a guttural edge and pulls out dark grooves so staggering you can't help but move. With knives sharpened and guns blazing, Sluggo stands on the cusp of another electronic revolution.

To create this sound, he's not drawing from the usual places. He's quicker to cite Pantera and Killswitch Engage as influences than anything else. "Growing up all I listened to was rock, metal, and rap," he affirms. "I like the gritty style of bass music. It's heavy, dark, and evil shit. Those grimy bass lines could be like a raw guitar chug. There's double bass with the triplets. Whatever I do needs to be gory, ultra-violent, and metal as fuck."

Ultimately, he's not going to just blaze through EDM though. "I want diversity," Sluggo declares. "I want people who listen to heavy music, hip hop, and country to dig my shit. I want them to think, 'What's going on there?' I want them to feel it and have fun. That's it." - Rick Florino, May 2012

HELICOPTER SHOWDOWN
facebook.com/HelicopterShowdown
twitter.com/HeliShowDown
soundcloud.com/HelicopterShowdown

The four person Bay Area production force known as Helicopter Showdown has earned the reputation in the underground bass music culture as “Wu Tang” of Dubstep. These West coast bass monsters have been turning heads and crashing parties worldwide with their unique blend of heavy dubstep and melodic electro house. Having dominated the Bay Area bass music scene over the past year, HS has been called out of their homeland to perform and curate events all over the country in cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Baltimore, Denver, Philadelphia, Seattle, Houston, Detroit, and Las Vegas to name a few. Supported by such highly respected artists as Rusko, Borgore, Mt. Eden, Calvertron, Skism, Downlink, and Reid Speed amongst others, their music is quickly being recognized everywhere from the most distinguished UK dubstep pioneers to the smaller pockets of bassheads in middle USA.

With their dedication to production, their fans, and taking their four person team onto the stage and turning any given party into a full blown event, keep a close eye on Helicopter Showdown as they bring the party from the West Coast underground to a city near you.

NERD RAGE
www.facebook.com/NerdRage.music
www.soundcloud.com/nerdrage
www.twitter.com/nerdrage_
www.youtube.com/oknerdrage

Nerd Rage's music, hand-in-hand with his stage presence, is loud, aggressive, and right in your face. Playing everything from Moombahton and Dubstep to Drum and Bass in action-packed sets, Nerd Rage has gained quite a following in the electronic dance music scene.

Starting his music production career in 2010, Nerd Rage has quickly risen to the top of the heap beginning with his first single, "Real Life," hitting top 10 on the Beatport charts. One of the tracks was featured at number one on Beatport's "Top 10 Must Hear Dubstep Tracks."

His followup EP, "Elbows of Fury," featuring collaborations with Sluggo & Terrabad, has topped out at #2 on the beatport charts. Korn Frontman Jonathan Davis also listed the track, "Dark Crystal," as one of his top 5 favorite EDM songs for Revolver Magazine.

His tunes can now be heard on dancefloors and radio around the world, with top DJs such Evol Intent, Pendulum, Excision, Funtcase, Datsik, Downlink, SKisM, Bare, and Dieselboy playing his musical creations.

Plus Performances From

MAMMALS

MIKE PHEAR

Facebook Event Page: www.facebook.com/events/257485014365374/

Tickets: $12.00 - Limited Advance

Purchase Tickets Here - www.ticketmaster.com/event/010048E3C48D6...001&minorcatid=1

All Ages

August 18, 2012

Doors Open @ 8PM - 2AM

The National
708 E. Broad St
Richmond, VA 23219

www.SteezPromo.com
www.TheNationalVA.com
www.facebook.com/events/257485014365374/
SteezPromo.com
Gold Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx