Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Labrynth's 25th Birthday
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Labrynth's 25th Birthday
Labrynth's 25th Birthday 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0

Labrynth presents its Silver Jubilation
The Quarter Century Club
Saturday 9th November 2013
11pm – 7am
Club Colosseum, 1 Nine Elms Lane, Vauxhall, London, SW8 5NQ

If you had tried to tell me 25 years ago that one day I would be writing the script for the 25th birthday I would have fallen on the floor laughing my head off. Absolutely no way in the world can you foresee such a thing, and yet here I am trying to put in all into perspective, not an easy task I might add.
Anyway here I am so I may as well get on with it.
From that very 1st party in Manor House, North London, I knew I at last belonged somewhere, and amongst my own kind as well. Something had changed in me, slowly but surely I had become embroiled in the underground world of acid house parties as they were then known.
Every week we had a little more than the one before, until that night when it happened. We were off the mark, up and running for two nights in a row, and we were all hooked big time.
After that it was all hands on deck regarding every aspect of the scene. Our weekend tended to start on a Thursday and continue to virtually Tuesday early hours when Spectrum and latterly Land of Oz ended.
They were brilliant times and have now spawned a rave generation the world over. Dance music certainly has come of age from the days of a strobe, a UV light, and a smoke machine, which I might add were more than enough back in the day.
Once up and running we found ourselves looking for almost anywhere regardless of area to hold parties, and I became quite adept at finding my way into suitable places to hold such events. In a time of cat & mouse with the authorities it was very much underground, and felt like a great cause to fight for. Over the years we were to experience the highest highs alongside the lowest lows, there is no worse feeling than preparing a warehouse, only to be raided at the eleventh hour. That was very painful and sometimes very expensive,
but nonetheless we carried on through those heady early day in the belief that we were in the process of building something very precious indeed , because along the way one or two things changed, Labrynth was not just a party anymore, it was group of people who started to befriend each other, and over time relationships were formed that still last to this day , and we started to become a family , something that I’m pleased to say is still in existence today. A party where people know each other, and cared enough to watch out for each other, and so it came to pass that “Only the Happiest of People Need Apply “.
As the warehouse scene came under closer scrutiny by the media and authorities we made the decision to take our beloved Labrynth to sunny Dalston lane. One or two people did more than raise an eyebrow, more so when it became known we closed at 4am, something unheard of in the scene at the time, but as many of you know we felt we had no choice. The gangsters were moving in, and so were the authorities, very powerful authorities who made it very clear that we would be stopped in our tracks if we continued to do warehouse parties in the manor we had for the previous year or so, and the thought of actually having to face more of that, when all we wanted to do was dance. It was without doubt time to move on to pastures new, how lucky we were. Had we have known we would have gone there from day one, it was our saviour and our making, they were without doubt brilliant years that we spent in Dalston lane. Most people who went there will have fond memories of the place, and we still get upset when thinking too long about the place we called home , such a tragedy that they pulled it down after leaving it empty for years.
It was for us the end of an era, we moved on to the Pleasure Rooms in Tottenham for three years after Dalston lane, but it was never the same, and try as we might we were never able to repeat the success we had at number 12. At one point we almost became disfunctional, we had to deal with so much in such a short time it took a very heavy toll, and indeed brought about the breakup of my own family, something I also struggle with to this day. We stayed a lot longer than we should have done, the area was not clubber friendly alas & after the draining VAT trial we didn’t have the strength to go on.
After losing out at the Pleasure Rooms we then had another party in Vauxhall. We did all the things we thought we should do, and I have to be honest we gave it our all, sadly that was not enough , and after another financial failure I had no choice but to call it a day. I was absolutely heartbroken for so long.
Seven years had passed by when out of the blue I received a call telling me my old friend and neighbour “Ginge” was very ill indeed. Cancer had called. When at his bedside he asked for one more play, he felt that he could make it, and I could not have said no if I had wanted, and I didn’t. I had been asked on many occasions to bring back Labrynth, and seven years had passed by since the last one, when I said in front of him that we would have a “reunion” and of course he would play , after that we went about putting on our reunion , which as many of you know was an amazing night.
Sadly Ginge was still very ill and was not well enough to play which was a choker for all who knew him. Shortly after the 1st party we went to see Ginge again, and although he had suffered a relapse, he had also improved somewhat afterwards, and a decision was made that he would once again be on the flyer to play for Labrynth. We had decided that it should take place in November at the same venue, and once again it was a brilliant night that once again brought many old friends together after many years. If anything it was better than the 1st party, but there was a downside. Ginge had become very ill and shortly after passed away, it was news that I didn’t want to hear, news of the worst kind.
After such a traumatic opening sequence we were a little overwhelmed, but after time it became clear that we had the bug once again, and sad as we were we knew we could not stop. Hand on heart I felt like I had at long last got my LABRYNTH back and that was something very special!
I didn’t realise how much I had missed it, how much I had missed everybody, how much I loved it all, and so here we are, 2013 and about to embark on the following year as well. Did I ever have a choice?
Labrynth is written in stone because it is and always was about the people who applied, salute.
Here’s to the next 25 years!
Joe, Molly & JC

Line Up

12 Dalston Lane - Hardcore
DJ’s
Krome & Time – Sy – Vibes - Nookie
Squirrell – Pigbag – JC – Longman B2B Backlash
MC’s
Cutter – Strict – 3Flow

Bagleys Film Studio - Drum n Bass
DJ’s
Nicky Blackmarket – Kenny Ken – Remarc – Devious D
Food Junky – Twista – G Magikal – New Kru
MC’s
Enamie – Lockey

Silver City - House
DJ’s
Ellis Dee – Huck Finn – Skie – Swifty
Reevo – Mr X – Groover – Smithy B2B Jonny Manners
MC’s
Adrian Age – Chalkie White – Prince

Tasco Warehouse – Past & Present

DJ’s
Adrian Age B2B Mr Wise – Vinyl Matt – Easy Mo – Steve Sloane
Miss Monday – Joey G – Scapegoat B2B Neurojim – Cush – Rez
MC FREE ZONE

Attractions
UV Decor supplied by Ink Junkie & Floating Bush
Amazing Lights & Lasers supplied by Wyld Discos
Rave Dancers
Photography on the night by http://www.jonathan-owen.co.uk
Special Guests
Spectacular Sound System
47 artists across 4 rooms
4 bars & a large private smoking area
Ticket Information

Early Bird Tickets £12.00 **SOLD OUT**
Standard Tickets £16.00
MOTD

www.theticketsellers.co.uk/tickets/labry...entury-club/10028122

http://tickets.deftickets.co.uk/checkout...nt/id/10362/chk/65a0

Agents

London

James – North London
Joe – http://www.facebook.com/joe.wieczorek1 - South West London
Gemma – 07708502884 – West London
Keith – 07986260113 – North West London (Harrow & Wembley)
Lisa – 07931571244 – East London
Molly – 07539460593 – South East London

Essex

Angie Monday – 07719808456 – Waltham Abbey
Goldie Dee – 07857132996 - Essex
Nun-E – 07837718329 – Dagenham
Swifty – 07865323827 – Basildon Essex

Hertfordshire

James – 07957476060 - Hertfordshire & North London
John – 07754434841 – Watford & Borehamwood

For all other areas:

We are able to post tickets if payment is received by paypal or bank transfer. We can also arrange ticket drop offs please contact clublabrynth@hotmail.com, or call 07957476060.

Last Entry is at 03:30am

Dress Code: Casual, *All hoods must go in cloakroom*

18+ ID to be available upon request

11pm – 7am

\o/ Only The Happiest of People Need Apply \o/

dj j.c.
Fresh Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx