Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

V.I.M.BREAKS SPECIAL EDITION 34 METHA-MONSTER!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: V.I.M.BREAKS SPECIAL EDITION 34 METHA-MONSTER!
V.I.M.BREAKS SPECIAL EDITION 34 METHA-MONSTER! 10 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0

RELEASE INFO
ARTIST: METHA
TITLE: “MONSTER”
FORMAT: MP3/WAV
LABEL: V.I.M. RECORDS
CAT. No: V.I.M.BREAKS SPECIAL EDITION 34
RELEASE DATE: MID FEBRUARY
GENRE: Tech-Funk
COVER DESIGN: 2.46 Design

V.I.M.BREAKS proudly announces the launch of a new occasional series! V.I.M.BREAKS SPECIAL EDITION singles will come out on golden cover art, focusing mainly on Proggy-Breaks, Psy-Breaks side of things with really special original artists and remixers of modern Breaks scene!
A geology expedition in the Amazon uncovers fossilized evidence from the Devonian period of a link between land and sea animals in the form of a skeletal hand with webbed fingers. Expedition leader Dr. Carl Maia visits his friend and former student, Dr. David Reed, an ichthyologist who works at an aquarium in California and has been a guest at Maia's marine biology institute in Brazil for over a month. Reed persuades his boss, the financially minded Dr. Mark Williams, to fund a return expedition to the Amazon to look for the remainder of the skeleton.
They go aboard a tramp steamer, the Rita, which is captained by a crusty old codger named Lucas. The expedition consists of David, Carl, and Mark, as well as Reed's girlfriend and colleague, Kay Lawrence, and another scientist, Dr. Edwin Thompson. When they arrive at the camp, they discover that Maia's entire research team has been mysteriously killed while he was away. Lucas suggests it was done by a jaguar, but the others are unsure. In fact, the camp was attacked by a piscine amphibious humanoid, a living member of the same species from which the fossil originated. The creature, curious upon seeing the expedition, investigates the camp site, but when its sudden appearance frightens the members, they attack it, and in response, the enraged creature kills them.
METHA “Monster”
METHA “Monster (LEE COOMBS & KOSTAS G remix)”

Available Mid February from selected major online retailers.
PLEASE SEND US YOUR FEEDBACK…..
www.vimrecords.com
soundcloud.com/v-i-m-records
soundcloud.com/metha
soundcloud.com/analogdelayed
soundcloud.com/kostas-g

V.I.M.RECORDS
We’re concerned with those that deal in change
Vafopoulou Street 7, 54646, Thessaloniki, Greece
www.vimrecords.com- www.myspace.com/vimrecords

REVIEWS-FEEDBACK-PLAYLISTS

BEATPORT BREAKS FEATURED RELEASE + BIG BANNER

1.DEEPLY UNEXPECTED (V.I.M.TRONICA, V.I.M.BREAKS, FROM A TREE RECORDS, DEEP GARNET RECORDS)
The underground vibes are back! broken tech monsters!

2.KICKFLIP (BREAKIN EVEN RECORDS, HARD & HITS RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS, RUNE RECORDINGS, SLACK TRAX RECORDS)
Great techy reworkout from Lee Coombs and Kostas G!

3.SOULFORSE (V.I.M.BREAKS, DIABLO LOCO RECORDS, DEAD FAMOUS RECORDS)
Thank you! great release!

SoulForse

4.AUDIO DROPOUT (V.I.M.TRONICA, V.I.M.BREAKS)
Thanks for the tracks, lovin the Lee Coombs & Kostas G remix!
Cheers

5.TOM CLYDE (V.I.M.BREAKS, DIABLO LOCO RECORDS, KINDCRIME RECORDINGS, KICK IT RECORDINGS)
Both tunes are classic tech breaks sound! Perfect for me
6.A:B:S (LOT49 RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS, AUX TECHNOLOGY, AUDIO23 RECORDS)
The remix does the business, nice electro tinged roller. Original never gets going enough for me.

7.MACHO (BREAKS SK RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS, DIABLO LOCO RECORDS, LOT49 RECORDS, AUX TECHNOLOGY)
thanks mate, original mix works well for me !

8.REBEL SKETCHY (GROUND LEVEL RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS, BREAKZ R BOSS RECORDS, DIABLO LOCO RECORDS)
Supporting the LEE COOMBS & KOSTAS G mix - bouncy, techy, funky everything to love about this one!

9.BLANILLA (SOUND OF HABIB RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS)
Metha – Monster
A solid tune, with straight, tight drum beat covered in that juicy deep bass. The track construction is also good and I like the trippy&dark atmosphere.
But -in my opinion/taste- there's a little lack of FX in the tune. Some squeeks and bleeps, or some up/down sweeps dropped once in a while would have made the track a little interesting and less repetitive. But all in all it is a good tune, I would give it a 7.5/10
Metha – Monster (Lee Coombs & Kostas G remix)
A very well done remix! Although the general atmosphere is pretty dark and serious, the tune is very danceable, having a groove that rolls great. From the first measures, one can tell that Lee Coombs put his hand on this track, applying his own recognizable style of breaks, in this case, together with Kostas G's skills.
Fantastic work on this remix, let there be more like this to come!
Rate: 9 out of 10

10.CHRIS VORO (BLACKED OUT RECORDINGS, PERFECTO RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS, IN BLOOM RECORDINGS, DIVERGENCE RECORDS)
I really like the original mix... Lovely dark atmosphere and great groove in it...
Thanks for sending

Cheers,
Chris

11.SONEK (V.I.M.BREAKS, BREAKZ R BOSS RECORDS, EGO SHOT RECORDS, DIABLO LOCO RECORDS)
HI Greg, Thanks for the promo mate. Here are some thoughts on Metha's release:
METHA - Monster - Chugging bassline with spacey synths. Great track to warm up a dance floor.
METHA - Monster (LEE COOMBS & KOSTAS G Remix) - Upbeat tribal breaks with a unique synth lead and distorted vocal samples. Lots of energy on this one!!!

Cheers,
SONEK
\
12.MDK (EGO SHOT RECORDS, MORPHOSIS RECORDS, RUNE RECORDINGS, V.I.M.BREAKS)
Thanks for the promo, cool track by Metha!
best regards!

13.ALT-A (SPEKTRA RECORDINGS, BEAT BY BRAIN RECORDS, YES MAN RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS, KINDCRIME RECORDINGS)
With its pulsing bass and techy drums, Metha's Monster is aptly titled! A BIG track from a bigger producer. One for those deeper sets!

The Lee Coombs & Kostas G remix turns up the funk to 11, its blippy synths create an infectious energy, this track just makes you want to dance and puts a huge smile on your face!! I will be playing this one for sure!

14.LLUPA (NSB RADIO, IBREAKS RECORDS)
Hey mate,
Wicked lineup on this release!
original is so damn deep - love that groove… - sounds so damn tight too. The remix takes the groove and builds it into more of a peak time track - great to hear some more quirky sounds in this.
solid release mate - full support!

Cheers,
Tom Llupa

15.T.R.O. (FURIOSO RECORDS, AUSTERO RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS)
Nice and groovy tunes!

16.RONIN8 (V.I.M.BREAKS, DIABLO LOCO RECORDS, KINDCRIME RECORDINGS, BREAK WIND PRODUCTIONS)
Yes real good release but the LEE COOMBS & KOSTAS G RmX it's briliant tune ... Thank's a lot G !

17.DISC BREAKS WITH LLUPA (NSB RADIO)
01. DJ Party-Zan - Dying City [Narcosis]
02. Darlyn Vlys - Floor 122 (Sante + Sidney Charles Warehouse Dub) [Avotre]
03. Isolate - Cone Storm (Karl Sav Remix) [In Bloom Recordings]
04. Morepop - Sunny Day [LW Recordings]
05. Metha - Monster [VIM Special Edition]
06. Phase Animator - Nyota (Dirt Revolver Remix) [Box Set Records]
07. Blanilla - Escape Your Fears (Rcaine Remix) [VIM Records]
08. Evil Nine - Crooked (Bassbin Twins Mix) [Marine Parade]
09. New York Transit Authority - 95 [Lobster Boy]
10. Marten Horger - Oh Girl (Ft. Funkanomics) [Punks]
11. Skeptix & Base 10 - Keep Rollin [Riddim Fruit Records]
12. Fisso & Spark - Earthquake feat. BBK [Ground Level Records]
13. Perpetual Present - Ist Mir Wurst [VIM Special Edition]
14. Paranoid Androidz - Caladan [VIM Records]
15. Motna - Time (Big Mistake Remix) [Sub Element Recordings]
16. Fletric - Find The Light (Roboteknic Remix) [Logariddim Records]
17. Mechanical Pressure - Guards (Retroid Remix) [Ego Shot Records]
18. Chris Voro & Z4thoichi - Genesis (Chris Voro Version) [Blacked Out Records]
19. Tummy Talk - Motion Response [Broken Robot]
20. System 2 - The Kora (Z4THOICHI Remix) [VIM Records]
21. Karl Sav & David Salgado - All I Want (Phase Animator Remix) [Rump Shaker Records]
22. Xtreme Project - Gets Up [Electroshok Records]
23. Meat Katie, Lee Coombs - Thinking Of You (Original) [LOT49]
24. T.B.S - No Music No Life [Music Dark Records]
25. Slugware - Mayhem [Ego Shot Records]
26. Blond - Jump With Me [Move It! Records]
27. Junction8 - Beats Like This [Bombtraxx Records]
28. Grove - Hit The Ground [Scarcity Records]

PREVIEWS ON SOUNDCLOUD
soundcloud.com/metha/metha-monster-original
soundcloud.com/kostas-g/metha-monster-lee-coombs
PALE PENGUIN
Platinum Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male V.I.M.RECORDS Location: THESSALONIKI Birthday: 07/27
The administrator has disabled public write access.
DEEP GARNET RECORDS label manager
THE SCIENTIFICS crew
PALE THE KID project
www.soundcloud.com/v-i-m-records
www.soundcloud.com/the-scientifics

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx