Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

V.I.M.BREAKS094 DIGIBOX-FUNCTION OUT 22ND MARCH!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: V.I.M.BREAKS094 DIGIBOX-FUNCTION OUT 22ND MARCH!!
V.I.M.BREAKS094 DIGIBOX-FUNCTION OUT 22ND MARCH!! 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
RELEASE INFO
ARTIST: DIGIBOX
TITLE: “FUNCTION”
FORMAT: LIMITED HAND-NUMBERED 10” SINGLE/MP3/WAV
LABEL: V.I.M. RECORDS
CAT. No: V.I.M.BREAKS094
RELEASE DATE: MID MARCH
GENRE: Breaks/Dubstep
COVER DESIGN: 246 Design
MASTERED: BY Glen 'FFS' Nicholls @ Funk Vault Mastering
DIGIBOX is a key member of V.I.M.BREAKS family and this is his third single for our label. He managed to build a really strong profile in the scene with some killer releases for V.I.M.BREAKS, DIRTY DROP RECORDS, BIG SQUARE RECORDS, BREAKS SK, RUNE RECORDINGS and he’s on his way to the top with a unique darkish Proggy-Breaks sound. On the remixes tip we’ve got a really strong package with Belgian Electro-Breaks/Electro-House stars ELECTRIC SOULSIDE (always on top form!), British finest Proggy-Breakers CURL & DEAN with their quality sounds (check out their releases on BIG SQUARE RECORDS and SCARCITY RECORDS) and Hungarian noise terrorist/dubsteper BASTARDFOOL!

DIGIBOX “Function”
Tough crisp kicks, Proggy vibe, darkish feeling, Reggae vocal drops and awesome guitar licks. This is a phat, ultra dark and super dirty Proggy-Breaks burner!
DIGIBOX “Function (ELECTRIC SOULSIDE Remix)”
Soulside are always delivering the goods! Here they change original Proggy-Breaks burner into an awesome Electro-Breaks cracker! Awesome productions qualities and pure dancefloor vibe! Massive!
DIGIBOX “Function (CURL & DEAN Remix)”
No much words to say! This one will be one of the best Proggy-Breaks rollers of the year! Melodic, Atmospheric, Rollin, beautiful piece of top quality Breaks stuff!
DIGIBOX “Function (BASTARDFOOL Remix)”
Bastardfool on his usual superb dirty-distorted way! Crip metallic percussion, great haunting atmos and some ultra noisy distorted Synths for your ultimate pleasure!

Available Mid March from selected major online retailers.
PLEASE SEND US YOUR FEEDBACK…..
www.vimrecords.com
www.myspace.com/vimrecords
www.myspace.com/digiboxproductions
www.myspace.com/electricsoulside
www.myspace.com/curlanddean
www.myspace.com/bastardfool

V.I.M.RECORDS
We’re concerned with those that deal in change
G.Papandreou Street 22, 54645, Thessaloniki, Greece
www.vimrecords.com- www.myspace.com/vimrecords

FEEDBACK-REVIEWS-PLAYLISTS
1.FUTURE FUNK SQUAD (EN:VISION RECORDS)
Breakbeat Science from the Funk Vault Part 4:
1. Restless (Future Funk Squad Remix) - UNKLE [No Surrender]
2. Function (Curl & Dean Remix) - Digibox [V.I.M Records]
3. Travelling On (Koma&Bones Remix) - Beber & Tamra [Mob Records]
4. Follow The Leader (Megabit Remix) - Paper Crows [Future Cut Recordings]
5. Toby on Exotics - Kosheen DJ's [Audio23]
6. Where do we go???? [CDR]
7. The Sermon - Imetic [Hardcore Beats]
8. TechTalk - Mystery Track/Competition
9. Immigrants - GBX [iBreaks Bass]
10. Underground (Refracture Remix) - Citizens of the Empire [V.I.M Records]

2.FLETRIC (FLEXTONE RECORDS, DIGITAL SENSATION UK)
Cheers mate, another really nice release! Electric Soulslide remix sounds great and will be smashing clubs for sure! How ever top track from release, by my taste, is definitely Curl and Dean Remix ! Really clean and sharp production on this one in a form or proggy breaks monster! Great work

3.MACHO (V.I.M.BREAKS, BREAKS SK, RAVEART RECORDS)
thanks for promo, curl and dean remix is very nice.

4.ANDY FAZE (V.I.M.BREAKS, RUNE RECORDINGS, BREAKS SK, FNOOB RADIO)
Hi Gregory!
Wicked tunes again man!
Been really liking Digibox's stuff - he has an original dark sound. Original is cool, like the rock element of it. Nice remix from Curl & Dean, quite mellow really - like it.
Electric Soulside remix is wicked - quite proggy/techy and electro
Support!
Andy

5.DJ MARTY B (NSB RADIO, FRESH FM)
Nice one, really feeling the Curl and Dean and Electric Soulside remixes, not sure on the guitar noises in the original mix....will be reppin the former I think:)
Marty_B
NSB Radio 11-1GMT Thursdays
Fresh FM - 10-12am Sundays

6.UNDER THIS (IBREAKS RECORDS, DIGITAL SENSATION UK, V.I.M.BREAKS)
Hello mate!
Thanks for the promo.
Nice package! Best here in our opinion is Curl and Dean`s remix. Top work! Like Bastardfool`s remix too. Thanks!

7.BL1TZ (KEY AUDIO RECORDS, METAMORPH MUZIK, V.I.M.BREAKS)
HI, thanks for the promo!!
Favourite Track: DIGIBOX-FUNCTION (ELECTRIC SOULSIDE REMIX)
Rating: 5/5
Comments: The original track sounds good, but the Electric Soulside remix changes the good to great! The enigmatic athmosphere in the middle of the track sounds like you're in a fucking movie, great!
BL1TZ (KEY Audio / VIM Breaks) Spain

8.SASSER (KEY AUDIO RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS)
Favourite Track: DIGIBOX-FUNCTION (ELECTRIC SOULSIDE REMIX)
Rating: 5/5
Comments: It is one of the best songs I've heard so far. A great remix with a movie atmosphere. I love it!!
SASSER (KEY Audio / V.I.M. Breaks) Spain

9.TOM CLYDE (V.I.M.BREAKS)
New tech breaks talent is rising! Original is solid! 6.5\10
Glad that Electric Soulside wrote breaks, but their nu disco is good too))
My choice is Curl & Dean mix! Groovy prog tune, will play it soon as possible! 7\10

10.SERGEI (ELEKTROBIT CREW, DIGITAL POINT FM)
Hello, Gregory.Thanks for the very nice promo.Digibox is making wonderful breaks tracks as always.I also like Electric soulside and Curl and Dean remix, there are really well done.Thanks a lot.
Greetings from Russia.
ElectroBiT crew.

11.YREANE (XSSR RECORDS, YELLOW FINGER COMMUNICATIONS, SCARCITY RECORDS)
Nice release, mate. Love the guitar riff. Rocks.

12.HANUMAN TRIBE (RIOT RIOT RECORDS, AYRA RECORDINGS)
wicked percussion worx & subsonic treatment in the bastardfool remix! our weapon of choice!— even if too relaxed for our sets, the curl and dean mix is the one! nice vibes!

13.EK (DEAD FAMOUS RECORDS, DUSTED BREAKS RECORDS)
Hello again and thanks for this promo.
I'm really enjoying the deep and proggy Curl & Dean remix. Nice work.
Thanks,
Eddie – EK

14.TOY QUANTIZE (V.I.M.BREAKS, CHIPSOUND RECORDS)
Thanks for the promo! Very good remix of Curl and Dean. Electric Soulside - the remix of this month for me! Excellent work! Toy Quantize

15.THE C4 (METAMORPH MUZIK, KEY AUDIO RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS)
Favourite Track: function (curl an dean remix)
Rating: 4/5
Comments: another nice release from vim label… a perfect sample of mixture of styles, from the dark of the original track and the remix of bastardfool to the elegance of the curl and dean mix and the groovy experience of the electric soulside vision...doubtless we are again after a great reference of vim breaks...

16.FISSO AND SPARK (DEAD FAMOUS RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS)
hey mate,
thank you for sending this... i like all tracks of the package, will play the original and Curl & Dean remix!!
Cheers!
Andrea

17.CADE (V.I.M.BREAKS)
Many thanks for the Promos too!!
I love the intro into the original very dark, and Relentless!! Nice! Really like the Electric Soulside mix too, great of that synth sound and works so well when the pads come in and great acid bassline!! Love the ambient feel to the Curl and Dean mix, and again nice bassline. Once again BastardFool serves up a daring mix, tougher, darker and twisted!! Great job!!
Many Thanks,
CADE

18.CLAAS REIMER (V.I.M.RECORDS, WI:RE, KOMPOUNDZ SOUNDZ)
Hi mate,
thanks a lot for the nu promo!
Again a quality release of VIM - nice variations in here with dirty
guitars, melodic parts and even some Acid - cool!
Best regards
Claas

19.HOME ALONE (DEAD FAMOUS RECORDS, V.I.M.BREAKS, RIDICULOUD RECORDS, EGO SHOT RECORDS, BIG SQUARE RECORDS)
Hi Greg
sorry for late feedback.
I'm loving the whole release, i think it's really good. Digibox came up with another great number and the remixes are really spot on. Loving the Curl and Dean and also digging a lot the Electric Soulside one.

20.DUANE BARRY (DIGITAL SENSATION UK, COSMIC REFRACTION RADIO SHOW ON DANCE RADIO)
loving the twisted electronica of the electric soulside remix but my pick is the Curl & Dean remix - wonderful deep and progressive interpretation - will be spinning for sure!!

21.DJ RICAN (PARANOIDZ ANDROIDZ RADIO SHOW ON NSB RADIO)
Big release! I especially like the Curl & Dean and Electric Soulside remixes, but to be honest all four version freakin rock in there own way. Nice one!

22.RICHIE MAXX (SUGAR BYTEZ MIDLANDS CLUB SCENE)
" Feelin the EP, dark heavy vibes coming accross, Digibox original is spot and will sound large out, Electric Soulside remix is the pick of the Ep for me, great release from a top label"
Richie Max

23.STEVE MACCABE (V.I.M.BREAKS, R3TOX RECORDS)
Hi mate, thanks for sending this release and sorry for the late reply
The Curl & Dean remix is the only track doing it for me in this release. Really interesting piece of progressive breaks, nice use of the 303 aswell. Will support this one
Thanks
Steve

Steve Maccabe
VIM Records / R3tox Records

24.DR.FISH (V.I.M.BREAKS)
Cheers for the promo Greg,
My favourite is definately the Curl & Dean remix. Lovely deep melodic vibes and squelchy acid goodness. Also really liking the Electric Soulside remix. Will be supporting both of these!
Thanks

25.MOBIUS (FLEXTONE RECORDS, DUSTED BREAKS RECORDS)
Bastardfool and the Curl & Dean remixes are my favourites here with the former probably fitting better into my sets, may support though this isn't one of my VIM favourites to be honest.

26.DJ HOOK (BREAKS IT)
Yeah Grig, this is a big release... the original is nasty. The Electric Soulside Remix is simply amazing and their tune is really something new in the Breaks scene. I love the curl & Dean Remix too... there's hyper musicality inside
...As always, congrats to V.I.M Records!!!
Hook.

PREVIEWS ON SOUNDCLOUD

soundcloud.com/v-i-m-records/dig ... -curl-dean

soundcloud.com/jymbo7/digibox-function

soundcloud.com/bastardfool/digib ... dfool-demo

PALE PENGUIN
Platinum Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male V.I.M.RECORDS Location: THESSALONIKI Birthday: 07/27
Last Edit: 2011/03/21 15:43 By PALE PENGUIN.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
DEEP GARNET RECORDS label manager
THE SCIENTIFICS crew
PALE THE KID project
www.soundcloud.com/v-i-m-records
www.soundcloud.com/the-scientifics

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: savagetraxx