Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Chew the Fat's 13th Birthday // 4th Sept // Cable
(0 viewing) 
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Chew the Fat's 13th Birthday // 4th Sept // Cable
Chew the Fat's 13th Birthday // 4th Sept // Cable 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Chew The Fat! 13 Tracks for 13 Years

soundcloud.com/fatrecords/sets/13-tracks-for-13-years

13 years since founder Paul ‘Trouble' Arnold started his weekly party at The Bug Bar in the crypt of St. Matthew’s Church, Brixton Chew The Fat! remains synonymous with fresh parties, cutting edge music and good, honest, unpretentious fun. In Paul's own words... "over the 13 years we have grown a little, continued to evolve musically and still manage to have plenty of fun".
This collection of 13 tracks, including some of our favourite Fat! Records releases from over the years (the Apollo Kids track was the earliest mp3 we could find), originals and remixes from artists playing at our 13th birthday party and a few exclusives, is our birthday present to you. Enjoy!
We celebrate our 13th birthday at Cable, London Bridge Saturday September 4th with Surkin, Yolanda Be Cool, Foamo, Redlight, Tony Senghore, Marco Del Horno, Warrior One and more...

Full line-up & info: www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=104458012943875

Tickets: www.crowdsurge.com/chewthefat/
Fat!
Expert Breaker
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:INTERVIEW: YOLANDA BE COOL 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
INTERVIEW: TONY SENGHORE

Our 13th Birthday Party is THIS Saturday! Early bird tickets have sold out so make sure you get yours in advance here: www.crowdsurge.com/chewthefat/#

We caught up with Tony Senghore, playing at our Birthday Party, to see what he has in store for us this weekend...

Serial remixer and Fat! Club mix giver Tony Senghore makes a rare London appearance at our 13th birthday party this Saturday September 4th. We talk big bands, Costa Rica and parole with the Swedish producer. Also download his and French Fries’ remix of ‘La Vie Moderne’ the new single from Kitsuné electro outfit Logo.

We’re really excited that you’ll be playing at our 13th birthday party. We think it’s a pretty special line-up, including some of our favourite artists. Can we expect any special birthday surprises (musical or otherwise!) from yourself?

I might play a special Swedish rendition of ‘happy birthday’ that we’ve been playing for a while. But I doubt anyone would get it.

It’s your birthday party. Who would be playing?

Sandviken Big Band. I like big band music.

Money no object… what would you ask for?

More money.

Favourite party game?

Replacing famous people’s names with fish names.

How old were you when you starting producing / DJing?

Started making tracks when I was about 12. I think I released my first record at 15.

What is next for Tony Senghore?

I’m trying to break out of the remix treadmill but I doubt I’ll be very successful.

Where will you be in 13 years time?

I imagine on a beach in Costa Rica.

In 13 years time apart from your relatives, do you think anyone else will know who you are?!

My bookie, my sponsor and my parole officer.

What’s your most vivid teenage memory?

To be honest my teenage years are mostly a blur…

Any final words for wisdom for us as we become a teenager?

Don’t do drugs.
Fat!
Expert Breaker
graphgraph

Chew the Fat's 13th Birthday // 4th Sept // Cable 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
INTERVIEW: REDLIGHT

Redlight and Swedish House Mafia Radio 1 Minimix: www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/r1mix

As Clipz he was responsible for some of the toughest drum & bass to come out of Bristol as part of the Full Cycle collective, later releasing on his own much lauded Audio Zoo imprint. Now, under a fresh guise, Redlight is exploring new musical territory, collaborating with the likes of Ms Dynamite (watch the video for their massive new single ‘What You Talking About!?’), Rusko and Toddla T with who he DJs and produces as Roller Express. This Saturday September 4th Redlight plays at our 13th birthday party. We grabbed a minute with him beforehand…

We’re really excited that you’ll be playing at our 13th birthday party. We think it’s a pretty special line-up, including some of our favourite artists. Can we expect any special birthday surprises (musical or otherwise!) from yourself?

Loads of exclusives which me and Dread MC will be throwing down doing what we do!

It’s your birthday party. Who would be playing?

Rick James.

A tour of Space.

Favourite party game?

Spin the bottle.

I started DJing when I was 13 and producing at 15.

What is next for Redlight?

Working on the album… loads of collabs with the likes of Ms Dynamite, Maverick Sabre and more. Plus lots of touring and I’m hoping to take a live Redlight show on the road soon.

Where will you be in 13 years time?

Hopefully still alive healthy and happy in the fact I have done something I believe in.

In 13 years time apart from your relatives, do you think anyone else will know who you are?!

My Bank Manager.

An acid trip.

Any final words for wisdom for us as we become a teenager?

Don’t do acid.
Fat!
Expert Breaker
graphgraph

INTERVIEW: PURPL POP 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
INTERVIEW: PURPL PoP

Swedish duo PURPL PoP caused a stir with the video for their debut single ‘The Way’. This Saturday September 4th they make their UK debut at our 13th birthday party. We caught up with the Swedish duo…

It’s gonna be a great night with one of the best line ups I’ve seen in a long time since we are in it, jokes aside it’s gonna be big. Were from Sweden but know of Chew The Fats influence in pioneering new sounds so it’s great that something so real and honest can last and get bigger and better year after year, big up! In terms of birthday gifts…we can cut the cake if need be.

it’s your birthday party. Who would be playing?

Jamiroquai, Prince, James Brown (he will resurrect for our event), Dizzee Rascal, Daft Punk.

State of the art music studio with like 69 rooms and like the basement of the studio is actually a beach resort, and 69 musical, female, beautiful waitresses in the studios screwing the sounds for us on our custom made purpl pop synths.

Favourite party game?

We don’t play games (terminator voice)

We both have been musically involved since a young age. Skoog was forced to start playing the flute as it was compulsory in school and Le’Andres mother sent him to private piano lessons at the toddler ages in hope that his handwriting would become more neat…it didn’t!

What is next for you? Where will you be in 13 years time?

For us it’s just about spreading the music and love all around the world, and in 13 years time we will be playing at Chew The Fats 26th birthday party.

Doubt it!

Le’Andre – Stealing ice hockey cards from a sports store and my mother letting me know that if I do it again she will personally chop of my hands.

Skoog – Rapping infront of my whole school at 14 years of age, when I was finished rapping the whole school wanted me dead.

Any final words for wisdom for us as we become a teenagers?

Use a condom!

Fat!
Expert Breaker
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Moderators: savagetraxx